Even though the Samsung Galaxy S8 was released few months ago , Samsung has announced at the ongoing CES2018 that the much anticipated Samsung Galaxy S9 will be released in February at the World Mobile Congress.
Some of the leaked images that are coming out online have revealed one thing: Samsung ain’t playing ! And they are probably about to knock Apple off it’s perch.
– 5.8in / 6.2in QHD+ Super AMOLED curved display (570ppi / 529ppi)
– Android 8.0 ‘O’
– Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 (US) / Samsung Exynos (UK)
– Cat 18 LTE support (1.2Gbps download speeds)
– Display embedded fingerprint scanner
– Dual rear-facing camera
– Bixby AI assistant with dedicated button
– USB-C, 3.5mm headphone jack
Samsung has confirmed that the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus will launch at MWC in February, where it will also spill details on the handset’s release date.
There’s no word yet on pricing for the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus. If anything like the S8, expect handsets to fetch around £689 and £779 SIM-free.
10/1/17: Samsung’s mobile boss DJ Koh has confirmed that the Galaxy S9 will launch at Mobile World Congress in February. Speaking during a press event at CES, attended by ZDNet, Koh said that the handset at the trade show in February with the sales date also to announced at the event